Replay Webinar: Chicago’s Innovative Use of Open Data is Transforming the City
Brett Goldstein, Chicago’s Chief Data Officer, and Danielle DuMerer, Open Data Project Manager, gave a behind-the-scenes look at one of the most innovative, ambitious and successful Open Data initiatives in the world. View the recording to:
- Learn how Mayor Rahm Emanuel instituted a new culture of transparency and accountability with unprecedented data releases and a progressive open policy.
- Find out how to leverage Open Data for better decision making and proactive service improvements.
- Discover new ways of enabling Performance Management Programs.
- Learn how Chicago has automated daily updates of its richest and most valuable datasets like crimes, 311, permits and food inspection data.
- Hear how the developer community rallied around “Apps for Metro Chicago” to create innovative new apps and community services.
- Gain new insights into the value of collaboration and data convergence between the City of Chicago, Cook County and the State of Illinois.
Watch the Recording!
Complete the form below to view the recording.
In the News
Chicago’s Data Brain Trust Tells All
by Sarah Rich, Government Technology, March 29, 2012
Cloud Of Government Data Grows Over Chicago
by Elizabeth Montalbano, InformationWeek, March 26, 2012
Opening government, the Chicago way
by Alex Howard, Radar O’Reilly, August 17, 2011